Striving for continuous improvement in its service offer on the trade Europe and Red Sea from/to Kenya and Somalia strategic markets, CMA CGM is is introducing its new JEDDEX service:
- Service fully operated by CMA CGM Group
- Fleet deployment of 4 x 1,100 TEU nominal capacity
- Port Rotation: Yanbu – Jeddah – Mogadishu – Mombasa – Yanbu
- Relay service from/to Northern Europe, West/East Mediterranean and Red Sea via Jeddah
- Imports from US East Coast are proposed as well in relay
- First departure from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: April 15th, 2020
“Thanks to the operational hub of Jeddah, this service will provide perfect answer to customer’s needs with weekly departures and transit times among the best in the market”, the French giant said in a statement.
Transit times to Mombasa will significantly improve up to 7 days. Via Jeddah, Mombasa is reached from Antwerp and Genoa in 29 days.