The port of Rotterdam achieved throughput of 240.7 million tonnes in the first six months of 2019. That is 3.4% more than in the first six months of 2018. Container throughput, one of the strategic priorities of the Port Authority, rose by 4.8% (in tonnes, +6.4% in TEU) by comparison with the first six months of 2018, which is also a new throughput record. That growth was mainly due to higher import and transhipment volumes.
• Total throughput of 240.7 million tonnes, a new record
• Increase in container throughput to 7.5 million TEU (+6.4% in TEU, +4.8% in tonnes)
• Moderate increase (+4.0%) in revenue of the Port of Rotterdam Authority to € 357.8 million
• Clear increase (+7.0%) in operating result to € 134.8 million
• Ongoing high investments (€ 177.1 million) in infrastructure